iq test

adn.com | alaska : Mobile home destroyed by fire; two dogs, three cats perish in blaze
ANCHORAGE — Two dogs and three cats died in a mobile home fire Tuesday afternoon after a man was peering under the trailer with a cigarette lighter and insulation caught fire, the Anchorage Fire Department said.

The 3 p.m. fire at the Malaspina-Glacier Trailer Park off DeBarr Road and Hoyt Street destroyed the home. The man, who owned some of the pets but did not live at the residence, suffered minor burns to his arm when he tried to fight the fast-catching fire to save the animals. He could not get to them.

He declined medical treatment, the fire department said.

The man had been underneath the trailer to check electrical wiring, Fire Department Capt. Ben Demboski said.

Fire Department spokesman Tom Kempton said people should avoid using any kind of open flame to deal with thawing pipes or while doing inspection work. He said the Fire Department recommends that bonded and licensed plumbing contractors or maintenance contractors do the work.

This entry was posted in research. Bookmark the permalink. Post a comment or leave a trackback: Trackback URL.

Post a Comment

You must be logged in to post a comment.

  • Categories

  • Archives